24 teams, 12 hours and 24 running machines ! Track bikes and trainers at the ready for Welsh Triathlon’s cycling and running relay challenge, Duathlon 12.
Duathlon 12 is a six person team event, a 12 hour relay to see who can cover the furthest distance in the 12 hour time frame, riding & running from 12noon to 12 midnight at the Wales International Velodrome in Newport.
On event day, we provide exclusive venue access, track bikes, helmets, electronic lap counters, mechanical support, fully qualified track coaches and guidance, refreshments, snacks, free parking, free entry for spectators and finishers medals.
Prizes are awarded for the teams who cover the furthest distance, with trophies for Best Male Team / Female Team & Mixed Team. Duathlon finisher medals are awarded to all who finish the challenge.
Team entry is £450 for a team of 6 for affiliated Welsh Triathlon Clubs
Team entry is £600 for non affiliated clubs.
To enter your team simply complete and return a registration form along with your team payment.
This event is designed for all abilities, from complete beginners to accomplished athletes. For those new to the velodrome track we offer a complimentary induction session ahead of the challenge. Each rider must complete the minimum of an induction session or stage 1 accreditation ahead of the challenge in order to take part.
Accredited riders do not need to attend a taster session.
Health & Safety
The safety of the riders on the track & running machines during the challenge is paramount. Track rules and protocols will be made clear prior to the challenge, during the challenge briefing, and track coaches will be on site throughout the event. Track coach instruction is to be followed at all times, repeated failure to adhere to this instruction will result in removal from the track and from the event as a whole.
The following terms and conditions have been written to ensure we can support our challenge participants in the best possible way. The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all entrants participating in any event organised and operated by Cyclone24 Ltd. Completion of a registration form or purchase of an entry by (or on behalf of) the participant acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
FEES & PARTICIPATION
1. You must be a minimum of 18 years of age on the 31/12/2020 to participate in this event.
2. The team fee for Duathlon 12 is £600 per team of 6 or £450 for affiliated Welsh Triathlon Members.
3. All entry fees are non-refundable. Entries may not be deferred toward any future events.
4. Rider/Team changes: We are very flexible with the registration of team names and these can be added or amended without charge at any time up until 6 weeks prior to the challenge. If you need to amend any rider details after this stage an administration fee of £25 will be charged to cover costs incurred. Should any members drop out of your team it is your duty to replace these riders or ride the challenge as a smaller team. Cyclone24 cannot reimburse any monies for riders who fail to turn up on the day or who drop out from your team.
6. Charity Fundraising: We would like to encourage all riders to fundraise for The Triathlon Trust.
7. Participants must be fit to cycle & run, and be free from injury. If you have any doubts about your ability to take part including without limitation having pre-existing medical conditions you should contact your doctor to seek advice. It is the responsibility of the participant to inform the event organiser of any change in health, or medical condition which may affect their participation. By entering the event you acknowledge it is a test of your physical stamina and your capacity to complete the challenge.
As soon as Cyclone24 start to organise a challenge we incur costs. The entry fees we receive are invested into staging the challenge. Duathlon12 requires a considerable amount of planning and expense and our withdrawal policy reflects this.
8. Participating teams will be able to transfer their entry to another team up to six weeks before the event.
9. Entries cannot be deferred to the following year nor to any other event.
10. Any team who fails to arrive on the day will be assumed withdrawn from the challenge and will not be eligible to a refund of any kind. Please note we are unable to make exceptions for illness or injury.
11. Every participant shall carefully study the team member manual.
Collection & Use of Data
1. Any images, audio or quotes taken regarding the challenge may be used by the organisers to publicise and promote Duathlon12. If you do not wish your photos, video, audio and quotes to be used you must inform us in writing by email or post.
2. In participating in Duathlon12 you agree to your contact details being used by the challenge organisers and sponsors for the purposes of; Promotion and marketing of the event including Cyclone24 monthly e-updates; Being added to the Cyclone24 & Welsh Triathlon mailing list for future events; Promotional & marketing material of related products & services from challenge sponsors and official charity partners.
3. Email Communication: Cyclone24 & Welsh Triathlon will primarily use email to communicate with its participants. By entering the challenge you agree to receive these emails which will include challenge specific updates, training notes and nutritional information. Should you not wish to receive these emails please let us know.
Cancellation, Amendments & Disqualification
4. Challenge Changes/Cancellation: Cyclone24 & Welsh Triathlon reserves the right to amend the challenge format, timings, duration or cancel the challenge due to circumstances beyond reasonable control or for any safety related reason. Participants will be informed if any such changes are made. If the event format is changed the participating team will not be entitled to any refund and no liability can be taken.
5. In the interest of safety, Cyclone24 & Welsh Triathlon reserves the right to delay, cancel, or suspend the ride due to extreme inclement weather or a major incident on or near the event location. In these circumstances no refunds will be issued and each team entry will be automatically moved to the rescheduled date.
6. Removal of Participants: Cyclone24 & Welsh Triathlon reserves the right to remove and exclude any participant from the challenge, should the organiser or track coach consider such action necessary for safety reasons or if the participant has acted negligently, with wilful misconduct or without due care and attention for the challenge rules.
1. Participating teams understand and agree that they take part in the challenge at their own risk.
2. Participating teams acknowledge that personal accident and personal items insurance is their own responsibility that no responsibility whatsoever, shall attach to the sponsors, partners, challenge organisers or any person involved with the challenge, for any injury, accidents, loss or damage suffered however such may be caused.
3. Cyclone24 & Welsh Triathlon will not be liable for any actions of any spectators or third parties not involved with the event.