Experience the excitement and thrill of Cyclone24 at the Midlands’ hub for track cycling, Derby Arena. Its 250m track has been ridden by some of the world’s top cyclists including Sir Bradley Wiggins, Dame Sarah Storey, Mark Cavendish, Ed Clancy and Laura Kenny CBE, as well as being the training home of independent British UCI track team, Huub Wattbike.
This is your opportunity to ride this iconic track with our 24 hour exclusive access!
Whether you ride to raise money for your chosen charity, to bond your employees and clients, or simply to achieve something extraordinary, you will need 6 people in your team. This can be a team of colleagues, clients, team mates, friends or a mixture of all. Each team will receive a Welcome Pack and Rider Manual which contains all the information you need to survive 24 hours of team cycling.
On event day, we provide bikes, helmets, cycling shoes, transponder chips, mechanical support, physio support & sports massages, track coach guidance, hot breakfast & refreshments, free parking and free entry for spectators along with those all important Finishers Medals and finishers photo.
Prizes are awarded for the team who cover the furthest distance, the corporate team who cover the furthest distance (4 or more in the team from one business), the team with the best team kit and our Cyclone24 finisher medals are awarded to all who finish the challenge.
Team entry is £950 for a team of 6.
To enter your team simply complete and return a registration form along with your team deposit of £300.
Full support before and during the event is provided for those who are new to the track.
This event is designed for all abilities, from complete beginners to accomplished cyclist. However to get you ready, and make sure you are safe, we will advise on what practise sessions are available and what training you should undertake in the run up to the challenge. Each rider must have undertaken a track taster or stage 1 accreditation track session ahead of the challenge to be able to take part. Please see http://www.derbyarena.co.uk/cycling/new-riders/ for details of the sessions available. Accredited riders and those who have previously participated in Cyclone24 do not need to attend a prior track session. Please contact us for more details on training requirements.
The safety of the riders on the track during the challenge is paramount. Track rules and protocols will be made clear prior to the challenge, during the challenge briefing, and track coaches will be on site throughout the event. Track coach instruction is to be followed at all times, repeated failure to adhere to this instruction will result in removal from the track and from the event as a whole.
The following terms and conditions have been written to ensure we can support our challenge participants in the best possible way. The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all entrants participating in any event organised and operated by Cyclone24 UK. Completion of a registration form or purchase of an entry by (or on behalf of) the participant acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Fees & Participation
1.You must be a minimum of 18 years of age on the challenge day to participate in this event.
2.The team fee for Cyclone24 Derby is £950 per team.
3.To secure your place in Cyclone24 Derby 2020 you must pay a non-refundable deposit of £300 per team.
4.The remaining team balance of £650 must be paid no later than 14/12/2019 which is 8 weeks prior to the challenge date.
5.Rider/Team changes: We are very flexible with the registration of rider names and these can be added or amended without charge at any time up until 8 weeks prior to the challenge. If you need to amend any rider details after this stage an administration fee of £25 will be charged to cover costs incurred. Should any riders drop out of your team it is your duty to replace these riders or ride the challenge as a smaller team, the team price will remain the same. Cyclone24 cannot reimburse any monies for riders who fail to turn up on the day or who drop out from your team.
6.MyLaps Electronic Lap Transponders are issued to each team, please be aware that these must be returned upon completion of the challenge. any team who fails to return these will be charged £75 for a replacement.
7.Charity Fundraising: To date our challenge participants have raised over £250,000 for charity. We would like to encourage all riders to fundraise for your chosen charity.
7.You must ensure that you are medically fit to participate and you are strongly advised to undertake some training. If you have any doubts about your ability to take part including without limitation having pre-existing medical conditions you should contact your doctor to seek advice. Participants understand and agree that they take part in the challenge at their own risk and that no responsibility whatsoever, shall attach to and sponsors, partners, challenge organisers or any person involved with the challenge, for any injury,accidents, loss or damage suffered however such may be caused. Each participant agrees that they are physically and mentally capable of riding the velodrome and has undertaken the minimum track training required.
As soon as Cyclone24 start to organise our challenge we incur costs. The entry fees we receive are invested into staging the challenge. Cyclone24 requires a considerable amount of planning and expense and our withdrawal policy reflects this.
8.The deposit upon booking is non-refundable.
9.On further payments, if notified 8 weeks or more before the challenge date, you will receive a 20% refund.
10.On further payments, if notified less than 8 weeks before the challenge no refund will be given.
11.You must notify us of withdrawal in writing by email or post. Please note we are unable to make exceptions for illness or injury.
12. Cyclone24 is not a race and shouldn’t be considered as such.
1. Any images, audio or quotes taken regarding the challenge may be used by the organisers to publicise and promote Cyclone24.
Each participant agrees to assign and grant the right and permission for Cyclone24 Ltd to use and publish any photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant on any Cyclone24 Ltd activity. The participant hereby releases Cyclone24 Ltd from any and all liability from such use and promotion. The participant hereby authorises the reproduction, sale, copyright, exhibit, broadcast, electronic storage and/or distribution of said photographs/film/video tapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings without limitation at the discretion of Cyclone24 Ltd. The participant specifically waives any right to any compensation they may have for appearing in any of the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant at a Cyclone24 UK Ltd.
2. In participating in Cyclone24 you agree to your contact details being used by the challenge organisers and sponsors for the purposes of; Promotion and marketing of the event including Cyclone24 monthly e-updates; Being added to the Cyclone24 mailing list for future events; Promotional & marketing material of related products & services from challenge sponsors and official charity partners.
3. Email Communication: Cyclone24 will primarily use email to communicate with the participating teams. By entering the challenge you agree to receive these emails which will include challenge specific updates, training notes and nutritional information. Should you not wish to receive these emails please let us know.
Cancellation, Amendments & Disqualification
1. Challenge Changes/Cancellation: Cyclone24 reserves the right to amend the challenge format, timings, duration or cancel the challenge due to circumstances beyond reasonable control or for any safety related reason. Participants will be informed if any such changes are made. If the event format is changed the participating team will not be entitled to any refund and no liability can be taken.
2. Removal of Participants: Cyclone24 reserves the right to remove and exclude any participant from the challenge, should the organiser or track coach consider such action necessary for safety reasons or if the participant has acted negligently, with wilful misconduct or without due care and attention for the challenge rules.
1. Participating teams understand and agree that they take part in the challenge at their own risk.
2. Participating teams acknowledge that personal accident and personal items insurance is their own responsibility that no responsibility whatsoever, shall attach to the sponsors, partners, challenge organisers or any person involved with the challenge, for any injury, accidents, loss or damage suffered however such may be caused.
3. Cyclone24 will not be liable for any actions of any spectators or third parties not involved with the event.