Ride to raise money for your chosen charity, bond your employees and clients, or simply to achieve something extraordinary!
You will need 6 people in your team, this can be colleagues, clients or friends or a mixture of all. Once registered we will invite your team to one of our private track induction and training sessions, kindly sponsored by Stills Branding, at this you’ll be given expert guidance and advice from Head Development Coach, Garrie Tillett. Full support before and during the event is provided for those who are new to the track.
You’ll also receive a Welcome Pack and Rider Manual which contain all the information you need to survive 24 hours of track cycling.
On event day, we provide bikes, helmets, electronic lap counters, mechanical support, physio support, energy nutrition, track coach guidance, refreshments, free parking and free entry for spectators.
Prizes are awarded for the team who cover the furthest distance, the corporate team who cover the furthest distance (4 or more in the team from one business), the team with the best team kit and our Cyclone24 finisher medals are awarded to all who finish the challenge.
Team entry is £900 for a team of 6.
To enter your team simply complete and return a registration form along with your team deposit of £300.
Registration is already open for our 2018 challenge.
This event is designed for all abilities, from complete beginners to accomplished cyclist. However to get you ready, and make sure you are safe, we will be running practice sessions at the Wales National Velodrome in Newport in the run up to the challenge.
The practice session involves you being taken through a number of on track routines, enabling you to demonstrate a basic level of competency and safety. Each team must attend two training sessions to take part in the challenge. Previous participants must attend one refresher session. Please contact us for session dates.
The safety of the riders on the track during the challenge is paramount. Track rules and protocols will be made clear prior to the challenge, during the challenge briefing, and track coaches will be on site throughout the event. Track coach instruction is to be followed at all times, repeated failure to adhere to this instruction will result in removal from the track and from the event as a whole.
The following terms and conditions have been written to ensure we can support our challenge participants in the best possible way. Through registering to take part a contract is agreed between Cyclone24 and the participating team.
FEES & PARTICIPATION
1.You must be a minimum of 18 years of age on the challenge day to participate in this event.
2.The team fee for Cyclone24 Newport is £900 per team of 6.
3.To secure your place in Cyclone24 Newport 2018 you must pay a non-refundable deposit of £300 per team.
4.The remaining team balance of £600 must be paid no later than 31/08/2018 which is 8 weeks prior to the challenge date.
5.Rider/Team changes: We are very flexible with the registration of rider names and these can be added oramended without charge at any time up until 8 weeks prior to the challenge. If you need to amend any rider details after this stage an administration fee of £25 will be charged to cover costs incurred. Should any riders drop out of your team it is your duty to replace these riders or ride the challenge as a smaller team. Cyclone24 cannot reimburse any monies for riders who fail to turn up on the day or who drop out from your team.
6.Charity Fundraising: We would like to encourage all riders to fundraise for our chosen charity, Tenovus Cancer Care. However, should you wish to raise money for a charity close to your own heart you are welcome to do so.
7.You must ensure that you are medically fit to participate and you are strongly advised to undertake sometraining. If you have any doubts about your ability to take part including without limitation having pre-existing medical conditions you should contact your doctor to seek advice. Participants understand and agree that they take part in the challenge at their own risk and that no responsibility whatsoever, shall attach to and sponsors, partners, challenge organisers or any person involved with the challenge, for any injury,accidents, loss or damage suffered however such may be caused.
As soon as Cyclone24 start to organise our challenge we incur costs. The entry fees we receive are invested into staging the challenge. Cyclone24 requires a considerable amount of planning and expense and our withdrawal policy reflects this.
8. The deposit upon booking is non-refundable.
9. On further payments, if notified 8 weeks or more before the challenge date, you will receive a 20% refund.
10. On further payments, if notified less than 8 weeks before the challenge no refund will be given.
11. You must notify us of withdrawal in writing by email or post. Please note we are unable to make exceptions for illness or injury.
12. Cyclone24 is not a race and shouldn’t be considered as such.
1. Any images, audio or quotes taken regarding the challenge may be used by the organisers to publicise and promote Cyclone24. If you do not wish your photos, video, audio and quotes to be used you must inform us in writing by email or post.
2. In participating in Cyclone24 you agree to your contact details being used by the challenge organisers and sponsors for the purposes of; Promotion and marketing of the event including Cyclone24 monthly e-updates; Being added to the Cyclone24 mailing list for future events; Promotional & marketing material of related products & services from challenge sponsors and official charity partners.
3. Email Communication: Cyclone24 will primarily use email to communicate with its participants. By entering the challenge you agree to receive these emails which will include challenge specific updates, training notes and nutritional information. Should you not wish to receive these emails please let us know.
Cancellation, Amendments & Disqualification
4. Challenge Changes/Cancellation: Cyclone24 reserves the right to amend the challenge format, timings, duration or cancel the challenge due to circumstances beyond reasonable control or for any safety related reason. Participants will be informed if any such changes are made. If the event format is changed the participating team will not be entitled to any refund and no liability can be taken.
5. Removal of Participants: Cyclone24 reserves the right to remove and exclude any participant from the challenge, should the organiser or track coach consider such action necessary for safety reasons or if the participant has acted negligently, with wilful misconduct or without due care and attention for the challenge rules.
1. Participating teams understand and agree that they take part in the challenge at their own risk.
2. Participating teams acknowledge that personal accident and personal items insurance is their own responsibility that no responsibility whatsoever, shall attach to the sponsors, partners, challenge organisers or any person involved with the challenge, for any injury, accidents, loss or damage suffered however such may be caused.
3. Cyclone24 will not be liable for any actions of any spectators or third parties not involved with the event.