Looking for a new event to test your team to the limit? You’ve found it. Cyclone Eleven24.
Can your team cycle 1124 laps of the Lee Valley Olympic Velodrome in just 8 hours?
Perhaps the most beautiful velodrome in the world, probably the most energy efficient, definitely the iconic venue of the London 2012 Olympic Games.
We are challenging you to cycle the distance from Lee Valley Olympic Velodrome to Wales’ National Velodrome. This is no mean feat, cycling 1124 laps of the velodrome track (281 km) in just 8 hours.
So, can your team go the distance?
We provide track bikes, helmets, electronic chip timing, mechanical support, physio support, energy nutrition, track coach guidance, refreshments and lunch.
As our event takes place during Wales Week in London we thought an additional challenge was in order. Subject to entries, we’ll be splitting teams into – Wales or London – depending on where you are based. At the end of the challenge the total distances of each team will be collated to see which region earns the bragging rights for the first Cyclone Eleven24. Will it be Wales or London? NB. If you’re not based in either location you’ll have to pick an allegiance!
Team entry is £1500 for a team of 6.
To enter your team simply complete and return a registration form along with your team deposit of £500.
This event is designed for all abilities, from complete beginners to accomplished cyclist. However to get you ready, and make sure you are safe, we will advise on what practise sessions are available and what training you should undertake in the run up to the challenge.
The safety of the riders on the track during the challenge is paramount. Track rules and protocols will be made clear prior to the challenge, during the challenge briefing, and track coaches will be on site throughout the event. Track coach instruction is to be followed at all times, repeated failure to adhere to this instruction will result in removal from the track and from the event as a whole.
The following terms and conditions have been written to ensure we can support our challenge participants in the best possible way.
1.You must be a minimum of 18 years of age on the challenge day to participate in this event.
2.The team fee for the London Cyclone 1124 is £1500.
3.To secure your place you must pay a deposit of £500 at time of booking. This is non-refundable.
4.The remaining team balance of £1000 must be paid no later than 01/02/2018.
5.Rider/Team changes: We are very flexible with the registration of rider names and these can be added or amended without charge at any time up until 8 weeks prior to the challenge. If you need to amend any rider details after this stage an administration fee of £25 will be charged to cover costs incurred.
6.Charity Fundraising: You are more than welcome to undertake any charity fundraising via this event for the charity of your choice.
7.You must ensure that you are medically fit to participate and you are strongly advised to undertake some training. If you have any doubts about your ability to take part including without limitation having pre-existing medical conditions you should contact your doctor to seek advice. Participants understand and agree that they take part in the challenge at their own risk and that no responsibility whatsoever, shall attach to and sponsors, partners, challenge organisers or any person involved with the challenge, for any injury,accidents, loss or damage suffered however such may be caused.
As soon as Cyclone24 start to organise our challenge we incur costs. The entry fees we receive are invested into staging the challenge. Cyclone24 requires a considerable amount of planning and expense and our withdrawal policy reflects this.
8.The 50% deposit upon booking is non-refundable.
9.On further payments, if notified 6 weeks or more before the challenge date, you will receive a 20% refund.
10.On further payments, if notified less than 6 weeks before the challenge no refund will be given.
11.You must notify us of withdrawal in writing by email or post. Please note we are unable to make exceptions for illness or injury.
1. Any images, audio or quotes taken regarding the challenge may be used by the organisers to publicise and promote Cyclone24. If you do not wish your photos, video, audio and quotes to be used you must inform us in writing by email or post.
2. In participating in Cyclone24 you agree to your contact details being used by the challenge organisers and sponsors for the purposes of; Promotion and marketing of the event including Cyclone24 monthly e-updates; Being added to the Cyclone24 mailing list for future events; Promotional & marketing material of related products & services from challenge sponsors.
3. Email Communication: Cyclone24 will primarily use email to communicate with its participants. By entering the challenge you agree to receive these emails which will include challenge specific updates, training notes and nutritional information. Should you not wish to receive these emails please let us know.
4. Challenge Changes/Cancellation: Cyclone24 reserves the right to amend the challenge format, timings, duration or cancel the challenge due to circumstances beyond reasonable control or for any safety related reason. Participants will be informed if any such changes are made.
5. Removal of Participants: Cyclone24 reserves the right to remove and exclude any participant from the challenge, should the organiser or track coach consider such action necessary for safety reasons or if the participant has acted negligently, with wilful misconduct or without due care and attention for the challenge rules.