Experience the excitement and thrill of Cyclone24 at the Midlands’ new hub for track cycling, Derby Arena. Its 250m track has already been ridden by some of the world’s top cyclists including Sir Bradley Wiggins, Dame Sarah Storey, Mark Cavendish and Ed Clancy. Now it’s your turn!
Ride to raise money for your chosen charity, to bond your employees and clients, or simply to achieve something extraordinary!
You will need 6 people in your team, this can be a team of friends, clients, work colleagues, cycling club or a mixture of all. Full support before and during the event is provided for those who are new to the track.
Each team will receive a Welcome Pack and Rider Manual which contains all the information you need to survive 24 hours of endurance riding.
On event day, we provide bikes, helmets, cycling shoes, electronic chip timing, mechanical support, physio support, energy nutrition, track coach guidance, refreshments, hot buffet, free parking and free entry for spectators.
Team entry is £900 for a team of 6 (£150) per rider.
To enter your team simply complete and return a registration form along with your team deposit of £300 (£50 per rider).
This event is designed for all abilities, from complete beginners to accomplished cyclist. However to get you ready, and make sure you are safe, we will advise on what practise sessions are available and what training you should undertake in the run up to the challenge. Each team must attend at least one taster session at the velodrome to take part in the challenge. Please see http://www.derbyarena.co.uk/cycling/new-riders/ for details of the sessions available. Accredited riders and those who have previously participated in Cyclone24 do not need to attend a taster session. Please contact us for more details on training requirements.
The safety of the riders on the track during the challenge is paramount. Track rules and protocols will be made clear prior to the challenge, during the challenge briefing, and track coaches will be on site throughout the event. Track coach instruction is to be followed at all times, repeated failure to adhere to this instruction will result in removal from the track and from the event as a whole.
The following terms and conditions have been written to ensure we can support our challenge participants in the best possible way.
1.You must be a minimum of 18 years of age on the challenge day to participate in this event.
2.The team fee for Cyclone24 Derby is £900 (£150 per rider).
3.To secure your place in Cyclone24 Derby 2018 you must pay a non-refundable deposit of £300 per team.
4.The remaining team balance of £600 must be paid no later than 09/12/2017 which is 8 weeks prior to the challenge date.
5.Rider/Team changes: We are very flexible with the registration of rider names and these can be added oramended without charge at any time up until 8 weeks prior to the challenge. If you need to amend any rider details after this stage an administration fee of £25 will be charged to cover costs incurred.
6.Charity Fundraising: We would like to encourage all riders to fundraise for our chosen charity, Nottingham Children’s Hospital – The Big Appeal. However, should you wish to raise money for a charity close to your own heart you are welcome to do so.
7.You must ensure that you are medically fit to participate and you are strongly advised to undertake sometraining. If you have any doubts about your ability to take part including without limitation having pre-existing medical conditions you should contact your doctor to seek advice. Participants understand and agree that they take part in the challenge at their own risk and that no responsibility whatsoever, shall attach to and sponsors, partners, challenge organisers or any person involved with the challenge, for any injury,accidents, loss or damage suffered however such may be caused.
As soon as Cyclone24 start to organise our challenge we incur costs. The entry fees we receive are invested into staging the challenge. Cyclone24 requires a considerable amount of planning and expense and our withdrawal policy reflects this.
8.The deposit upon booking is non-refundable.
9.On further payments, if notified 8 weeks or more before the challenge date, you will receive a 20% refund.
10.On further payments, if notified less than 8 weeks before the challenge no refund will be given.
11.You must notify us of withdrawal in writing by email or post. Please not we are unable to make exceptions for illness or injury.
1. Any images, audio or quotes taken regarding the challenge may be used by the organisers to publicise and promote Cyclone24. If you do not wish your photos, video, audio and quotes to be used you must inform us in writing by email or post.
2. In participating in Cyclone24 you agree to your contact details being used by the challenge organisers and sponsors for the purposes of; Promotion and marketing of the event including Cyclone24 monthly e-updates; Being added to the Cyclone24 mailing list for future events; Promotional & marketing material of related products & services from challenge sponsors.
3. Email Communication: Cyclone24 will primarily use email to communicate with its participants. By entering the challenge you agree to receive these emails which will include challenge specific updates, training notes and nutritional information. Should you not wish to receive these emails please let us know.
4. Challenge Changes/Cancellation: Cyclone24 reserves the right to amend the challenge format, timings, duration or cancel the challenge due to circumstances beyond reasonable control or for any safety related reason. Participants will be informed if any such changes are made.
5. Removal of Participants: Cyclone24 reserves the right to remove and exclude any participant from the challenge, should the organiser or track coach consider such action necessary for safety reasons or if the participant has acted negligently, with wilful misconduct or without due care and attention for the challenge rules.